Virus is the infectious micro-organism that possesses malicious properties of affecting human body. These microscopic organisms spread easily everywhere, usually from person-to-person or due to exposure to body fluids, such as blood, sweat, mucous or saliva. The diseases caused by the viruses are almost contagious i.e. spreads easily from one person to another by either physical contact or by living in same environment. The exposure to human body benefits the virus to multiply.
The rapid multiplication of viruses often causes infections which in turn lead to harmful diseases. If the virus infection is overpowering, the body’s natural defense i.e. immunity of the body gets affected. The worse thing is that for the most prevalent diseases caused by viruses, only a handful of medication is in existence. Viruses are capable of changing their shape frequently and at regular intervals due to which scientists are unable to discover medicines to diseases caused by viruses.
Diseases Caused in Humans Due to Contact with Viruses are:
- Influenza: Respiratory diseases are caused by virus called influenza or flu. There is another respiratory infection causing virus named as RSV. The problem of bronchiolitis is caused in kids due to this virus. Dry cough and rapid breath are few symptoms of the same.
- Respiratory Syncytial Disease:
- Rhinovirus Infections: The rhinovirus, coronavirus and adenovirus are the flues that cause the common cold.
- Norovirus: It is the virus that is a cause of viral gastroenteritis outbreaks.
- Rotavirus: This is again a virus that cause a disease called gastroenteritis in kids.
- Herpes Simplex Virus: HSV is main cause of skin infections. HSV type-1 tends to breakout fever blisters or vesicles in mouth. HSV type-2 cause genital herpes.
- Chicken pox: This is viral disease mostly affecting children. It is caused by varicella virus.
- Human Papilloma Viruses: HPV cause warts on skin of feet and hands.
- Viral Gastroenteritis: Viral Gastroenteritis is a kind of infection of stomach. The symptoms in this flu are nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, etc. In America, 75% -90% of this disease attacks children.
- Central Nervous System Infections: there are such viruses that cause infections t nervous system and brain. In a study West Nile virus and Japanese encephalitis virus are found the cause of CNSI.
Inflammation: Some viruses are responsible of inflammation in body. Virus that cause inflammation in tissues near brain and spine are called Meningitis. The inflammation in brain tissue itself is caused by Encephalitis. Symptoms observed during such infections are fever, headache, neck stiffness etc.